I have this philosophy about love. I believe if you don't love yourself first, giving love away is nearly impossible.
Lottie touches on this today as my guest author and it's phenomenal!
You're going to ENJOY this, I promise!
I think it’s lovely to have a day that enable those loved-up young couples, as well as those that have been in relationship many years, the chance to remind each other that they love each other. Especially in the crazy, busy, times we live in, when romance can quickly get overlooked.
But for those that are not in a romantic relationship, it can also be a time of clichés, and caustic reminders that they are on their own.
There will be lots of blog posts coming out this week about learning to love yourself first, and practicing self-care to show this, I even wrote one myself this week, but I’m going to be brutally honest now – lots of us are often pretty useless at this, because it often makes us feel guilty in some way.
So rather than writing here about the HOW you should love yourself, I’m going to give you a few reasons WHY…….
· You have a power to create great, positive change in the world
· LOTS of others think you’re worthy of love
· You are created in a beautiful, perfect image
· When you’re looked after you extend your reach, and capability to love others
· When you feel like you least deserve love, is often when you most need it
· Beyond what anyone else, including yourself, thinks, you are much loved
Putting yourself first, and practicing some self-love can be a real challenge in our busy lives, especially when we start to devalue ourselves and our needs up against others.
But the reality is, finding time and inclination to look after ourselves increases our own self-belief, power, and reach, and, above all else, YOU ARE TOTALLY WORTH IT.